Monday, August 3, 2009

Monogram Swap Re-Cap

This weekend I worked on some adorable new designs for my Monogram Swap buddy, Maggie, from Black Labs And Lily. She told me she has a black lab named "Mr. Magoo." I had to laugh after hearing his name, but he sure is a cutie.

I designed 3 different designs that are all personalized with either Maggie's monogram initials or her name. And of course I couldn't forget about adding Mr. Magoo's name to the stationery. I paired each card with a coordinating envelope I thought would be appropriate for the design.

Probably my favorite design for my Monogram Swap partner. I love this design because I used both Maggie and her dog Mr. Magoo, all sketched and rendered in water color. I tried to add a Lily floral style to the dress, making it a preppy fun style.

In this design, I personalized the stationery with Maggie's initials in an interlocking script and I added Mr. Magoo water color sketch next to his doggy bowl.

This stationery has Maggie's favorite colors: pink and green. I water colored a black lab dog sitting underneath a tree next to a hammock, very summery. I also added Maggie's monogram in a serif font.

I think all the designs turned out delightful! I know this is a spoiler for Maggie, but I am too excited not to share!

Can't wait to have a Monogram Swap of my own soon, possibly early fall!

Pugs & kisses,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails