Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Favorites: Thoughts


In some moments time has flown by right before my eyes and other moments it feels like eternity, but isn't that how it always goes?

I've found myself in this past month thinking a lot about what I do each day and about the future of Lydia & Pugs. Lydia & Pugs started out to me as something small to express myself as a creative outlet. I knew I could create beautiful things because I had done it before, whether it be in grade school coloring contest or designing gifts for friends or my interior design projects in college. My design and color ideas were typically always on target.

However, I didn't always feel that way. I've had a couple of good people who have given me encouragement along the way, and specifically one person who has always stuck by me. She is my biggest fan, my biggest encourager, and by far my biggest cheerleader with Lydia & Pugs and with my life, she is my Mom. So when I think back to the days when I was toying around with the idea of having my own business to the present, where my business is still growing. She has always stuck by me to talk things through and lead an ear. And for that I am grateful.

On a side note, it's been 2 years since we adopted our pug Hera, and two year since Lydia has not been with us.

Next month is a BIG month for us at L&P, so be on the look out for some fabulous blog posts and of course our August Newsletter!

Have a great weekend!

Pugs & Kisses,

Dawn

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I can't say enough great things about your cute designs and how creative you are! Every time you come out with something adorable that I think you can't top you do. :o)
    also....oh my gosh, I LOVE this picture! Where is it from I want that headboard?!?
    Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for great moms! So glad you are doing what you are doing! My blog wouldn't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails