Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Etiquette Wedding Wednesday


Q: I just received a bouquet of flowers from my weekend dinner guest. Must I send a thank-you note?

A: Though it sounds like a vicious circle (a thank-you note for a thank-you gift, etc.), you definitely need to get in touch with your guest in some way to let her know the flowers arrived and that you’re delighted with her thoughtfulness. While a call or an e-mail will do, a handwritten note is an especially warm way to express appreciation. (But also know that if a guest brings a hostess gift to the dinner, a verbal thank-you is just fine.)

Q: I’m getting remarried, and though my fiance and I would like a large wedding, my mother thinks it’s in poor taste because I had a huge bash the first time. Can’t a big second wedding be tasteful?

A: At one time, brides felt pressured to keep the second time around a small, low-key occasion, but today you can get remarried in style without lifting an eyebrow. However, you should bear some things in mind. If your parents paid for your first wedding (and even if they didn’t), you shouldn’t expect them to finance this gala. You and your fiance could foot the bill, with his parents pitching in if they wish to. Also, avoid trying to “outdo” your first trip down the aisle. For example, your gown should be less “bridey” this time (though you can certainly wear lily-white).

via Emily Post.

Pugs & Kisses,

Dawn

1 comment:

  1. here's my new blog, can't wait to get started on a new design w/ you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails